CorsetCastle.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CorsetCastle.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 23rd, 2012 to the present.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Shipping/ billing information such as postcode and address
- We do not store credit card numbers or PayPal account information in our system.
- Payment transactions are fully transparently forwarded via secure, encrypted connections to our payment processors: “SquareUP Payments” for credit card payments or PayPal.
- We do store encrypted payment transaction receipts which are necessary if refunds have to be processed.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Fulfill your orders and special requests.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail only if necessary to fulfill your order.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- However, session cookies are essential for the check-out process. They are technically required to maintain the integrity of your order process and prevent order duplicates and interruptions.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We do not use your personal information to send you unsolicited promotional information about CorsetCastle.com or any third parties.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Deleting your personal information
- If you wish to have your account deleted and if you have not placed an order within the past seven years, you may request deletion via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the request from the same email address which was used to create the account. We will confirm deletion via email.
- If you did place one or multiple orders within the past seven years, we, like any other businesses, are required by law to keep sales records for IRS review for seven years, counting from the date when the most recent order was placed. A deletion of your account would only be possible once these IRS conditions are met.